Welcome to the Ookami Clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live as a Pack, Die as a pack, Leave no Wolf behind.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» The new Pack Leader
Gaming Computer Build EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 am by DaniloBwoser

» The end of KageOokami
Gaming Computer Build EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 9:09 am by DaniloBwoser

» Finding Key codes
Gaming Computer Build EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:19 am by ReesesKryss

» Absence again, and idk wtf just happend
Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 9:09 pm by DaniloBwoser

» Long Absence.
Gaming Computer Build EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:33 pm by Pandaa

» Absence but also not absence...
Gaming Computer Build EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 pm by DaniloBwoser

» One of my dreams...
Gaming Computer Build EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:50 pm by KageOokami

» Forums....
Gaming Computer Build EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:28 pm by Pandaa

» Short absence
Gaming Computer Build EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:27 am by KageOokami

Top posters
KageOokami
Gaming Computer Build Vote_lcapGaming Computer Build Voting_barGaming Computer Build Vote_rcap 
DaniloBwoser
Gaming Computer Build Vote_lcapGaming Computer Build Voting_barGaming Computer Build Vote_rcap 
Pandaa
ReesesKryss
ObsidianBlue
zephyr96
LarissaMaree
Sorisian
Arkhaniir
Misterfantastic

Gaming Computer Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ObsidianBlue

ObsidianBlue

Gaming Computer Build Empty
PostSubject: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Hey guyz n girlz =P, so I was planning on building a game desktop but just wanted those who have more experience your input as this will be my first one.

So I was thinking:
- NZXT Guardian (which is a mid tower)
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5
- Intel Core i7 4770
- 8G Kit 1600 Corsair Vengeance
- Samsung 840 PRO 256G
- Seagate Barracuda 4TB (I know its actually alot but it's currently on sale from the place I'm getting it from so might aswel)
- 2G GTX 760 Gigabyte OC
- LG SATA DVD RW
- Corsair 80+ Gold RM850

My main concern is if it'll all fit because someone has a similar build but with a full tower =\ How do I gauge if everything will fit? And if you have the same or similar part how long has it lasted? I was originally going to get a Thermaltake psu but heard only their cases last long and everything else breaks pretty easily.

Also in the future I plan to install liquid cooling so is there maybe something I should get now rather then later? Like ie the psu to a larger voltage or anything like that?

Any input would be appreciated! Thnx

*Edit* Extra question, my case has a temperature monitor with 3 probes. Where would be the best place to put these probes?

Last edited by ObsidianBlue on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ReesesKryss

ReesesKryss

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:17 pm

I recommend a mother board that can run 64 bit operating system which is best for gaming. A 2GB graphics card would work on a lot of games but not all, I heard Battlefield 3 runs at about 4GB. Or IF you ever want to have two monitors than a 4GB card is recommended.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure your machine would fit perfectly fine even with liquid cooling. And as far as voltage supply, the powerful the graphic card is the more voltage it takes. Corsair power supply might be better than Thermaltake. But if you want I can list the specs that my desktop has.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianBlue

ObsidianBlue

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 pm

If you could list ur specs that would be great! Also do u know how much of a difference it would make for a dual monitor with 2g and a monitor with 4g? I currently have dual monitors but I don't use the other monitor much. Mainly just for countdowns on world events or have a vid open while doing something else on the other.

I know having dual means sharing same gpu but because I dont use 1 as much does that mean it'll be ok for 2G? as there will be not much to process or is that more of a ram thing?
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:00 am

get 16Gb ram man, much smoother, so you decided to go with vengeance? a ram with a fan i believe, they pretty awesome but more or less of dust collector.

dont go any more then 2TB for HHD, 4TB is going to drag your system down.

best to get the liquid cooler asap, you dont want to fried your cpu then get the cooler after. but yet again it depend on how hard your planing to OC your pc.
Back to top Go down
http://ookamiclan.omgforum.net/
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:02 am

i think the way to tell if it fit or not is you need to see how big is the MB, and the GPU, they are usually ones that get over sized. you need to read the box it should tell you how big they are, and measure out your town and see if it fits.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianBlue

ObsidianBlue

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:34 am

But 16gb seems like overkill! and I've already bought the ram that's why I'm abit hesitant about it. But if the main large components are the MB and GPU then I guess my case is fine cause the MB fits in perfectly fine and the MB caters for large GPUs if I remember correctly. Do I really need liquid cooling asap? The case itself can cater for 4 fans, 3x120mm which is stock and optional 1x140mm. Also the case has a temperature monitor.
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 am

the case fan does not really help as much compare to liquid cooling, like i said it depends if your planing to OC your PC, beset to have it if you are, CPU aint cheap to replace, it like one of the most expensive piece of the PC. how i see fan now is... the more fan you have the more dust you gona get, so that mean you need to air blow your pc like once a month if you want to keep your hardware from over cooked. unless your case have a dust filter built in then you should be fine
Back to top Go down
ReesesKryss

ReesesKryss

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:15 am

Liquid cooling is the best and my pc hasn't over heated, even when I use it all day. And most motherboards these days should be able to run 32 GB of ram so a 16GB should be fine. Anyway, here are my computer specs:

- X-Titan 100 White Mid Tower (case)
- ASUS z97-PRO wi-fi AC ATX with Intel GBLAN 6X SATA 6GB SIL/CrossfireX (MotherBoard)
- Intel Core I7-4790 3.60 GHZ 8MB Intel smart cache (CPU)
- 2TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB cache 3.5" HD (HHD)
- ADATA XPG V2 8GB DDR3 1866MHZ (RAM and I use two of them)
- Two 120 MM Case Fan and one Blue 120MM Case fan with LED
- Corsair Hydro Series H60 120MM Liquid cooling
- Black LG UH12LS29 Blue-ray player and DVDRW combo
- 12-in-one Internal card reader
- EVGA NVIDIA GTX 7760 4GB ACX GDDR5 PCI-E (Graphics card)
- Corsair CS650M 80Plus 650W (Power supply)
And I use two monitors, blue led light keyboard and mouse, art tablet, turtle beach headphones, and webcam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:50 am

and im running:

Hardware:
Tower: Thermaltake Armor REVO Full tower (Case)
MB: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer (Intell)
CPU: intell Core i7-4770k
Liquid Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110 (Duel Fan)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 16Gb (2x8gb)
GPU: Gigabyte N770OC 2Gb GTX 770
PSU: Corsair RM750Watt 80Plus Gold ATX
HHD: Seagate Barracude 2T (for data usage)
SSD: samsung 840 Pro 256gb (For Programs and gaming)
DVD ROM: LG RW (i never used it unless install programs)

Accessories:
Monitor: 24" Asus VG248QE (144Hz)
Mouse: Epic Razer Naga (MMO mouse)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow
Headset: Razer Kraken Pro
Speaker: Logictech Z553

and im using Window 8.1
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:51 am

and im waiting on a part to install LED for the inside of my tower just for the looks xD
Back to top Go down
ReesesKryss

ReesesKryss

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 11:28 pm

I love my tower x.x blue and white theme ♥
Back to top Go down
ObsidianBlue

ObsidianBlue

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 1:01 am

Lol nice! Thinking of installing lead lights for mine too. Ok so decided to go with liquid cooling... this is going to cost me so much XD but luckily I can use my tax return to buy it all! MWAHAHAHAHA! Wanted mine to be blue theme cause I love blue =3 but green n black looks pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:19 am

yeah mine used to be blue theme till i install the liquid cooling, i had to remove my old fan which produce Blue LED light. so now im getting a new set to install lol
Back to top Go down
ObsidianBlue

ObsidianBlue

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:24 pm

I want a specific liquid cooler... NZXT Kraken X41... And I'm not going to get it till a months time if I order it now =\ I'm just going to stick with the 8gb ram n if it's not up to standard then I just buy another 2 sticks n put them in. Realised I had 4 ram err port things? forgot what they were called...

Mind sending me a pic of what the inside of ur pc looks like?
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 am

who? mine or reese? i pretty sure i texted you my inside.... i think...

nah man best to go for 2x 8gb, you dont want it to cramp up with using all 4 slots
Back to top Go down
ObsidianBlue

ObsidianBlue

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 pm

both =D Like an actual picture. Oh! there was 1 u texted me n it didnt dl...I want to see how I can tidy up the cables n stuff or where i can put the cables runnning. I'll just stick with the 2x 4gb still then if not the i'll buy the 2x 8gb
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:31 pm

you cant receive MMS? I do it tonight when i get home from work, i show you the insidde of my case and the outside of my case, atm it dark since it missing a LED light, due to i had to removed it when i was installing the liquid cooler.
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:39 am

I send it to ya via FB man, it wont load my pic here for some odd reason
Back to top Go down
ReesesKryss

ReesesKryss

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 pm

PC i build ♥
Gaming Computer Build Wldoyf
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:09 am

OMG got it uploaded....

My PC that I built..

Gaming Computer Build Dsc00110
Back to top Go down
KageOokami

KageOokami

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 am

some reason yours look alot neater Reese lol
Back to top Go down
ReesesKryss

ReesesKryss

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:14 am

of course -w- i dont like the wires being every where so i temporarly tide some of them together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Computer Build   Gaming Computer Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming Computer Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Ookami Clan. :: For the Pack. :: Discuss anything.-
Jump to: